Beetroot and Carrot Cutlet is a scrumptious and easy to make evening snack with the goodness of beetroot and carrot. It tastes really delicious when served with tangy tomato ketchup, tamarind sauce or sweet and sour green chutney.
Beetroot and Carrot Cutlet recipe is made with few spices, to retain the original taste of the beetroot and carrot. The mild sweetness of both beetroot and carrot is balanced by potato and the sharp taste of ginger. If you want to add more spice, add some red chilli powder and a pinch of garam masala. Also if you are preparing the cutlets immediately add the onions raw, it gives a good crunch to the cutlet.
The cutlet also goes well sandwiched in a burger or bread with some fresh lettuce and tomato ketchup. The cutlet can be also be baked or shallow fried to suit your diet. And tastes best when served hot.
- 1 medium size beetroot grated
- 1 carrot grated
- 1/2 medium size raw banana boiled(optional)
- 1 potato boiled
- 1 onion chopped finely
- 1 green chilli chopped finely
- 1 tsp ginger grated or very finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1 bread slice
- 10-12 raisens
- 1/2 tsp jeera/cumin powder
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp plain flour/maida
- 3 tbsp water
- salt to taste
- 1 cup oil
- Cook the grated beetroot, carrot and onion in a pan with 1 tsp water for 2-3 mins, till the raw taste of the vegetables are gone. Then keep aside to cool.
- Take a bowl and mash the boiled potato and raw banana. Then add in the cooked beetroot and carrot, green chilli, coriander leaves, ginger, salt, cumin powder and raisens. Mix them all well.
- Now crush the bread slice with your hands and add it to the cutlet mixture and mix it all together to absorb all the excess moisture. If the mixture is still very moist then you can add another slice of bread. Mix everything well. Take small portions of the mixture and roll into your desired shape.
- Take a small bowl add the flour/maida and mix in water to form a thin paste. And take the bread crumbs in another bowl.
- Now coat each cutlet with first the flour paste then roll it in the bread crumbs. You can store the coated cutlets in an air tight container in the freezer for a week.
- For frying, heat 1 cup oil in a deep pan. Fry the cutlets till golden brown. Do not fry too many cutlets at a time.
Serve hot with tomato ketchup or green chutney.