Chocolate Chip and Cashew Cookies is an eggless cookie recipe, perfect for any occasion to satisfy your sweet tooth and what’s better than a homemade cookie. The butter cookies with chocolate chips and cashew nuts is a must try, easy to make recipe and makes super delicious and light cookies.
Cookies are sweet biscuits made with flour, oil/butter and sugar. Few things to keep in mind while preparing the recipe:
- Always use softened butter kept at room temperature.
- Use semi sweet chocolate chips else the cookies will get too sweet.
- Chill the cookie dough before baking. Chilling cookie dough before baking prevents the cookie to spread too much and gives the cookie a better colour and texture.
- When you take the hot cookie out of the oven they are soft, so do not touch them as it might break the cookie.
- Before storing the cookies always make sure that it is cooled completely.
Do try this Chocolate Chip and Cashew Cookies recipe and comment your suggestions or questions below.
- 2 cups flour/maida
- 200 gms softened butter (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips(semi sweet)
- 1/2 cup cashew finely chopped
- In a mixing bowl take softened butter, powdered sugar and cream it well with a whisker or hand blender on low speed.
- Once the butter and sugar are well combined and creamed, add the vanilla essence and salt and mix it well with a strong spatula or whisker.
- Now add 1/3 of the flour/maida to the mixer and combine it well. Then add half of the remaining flour/maida and mix. Once everything is well combined add the rest of the flour/maida and mix well. The batter will get a little hard so use a strong spatula to mix.
- To this add the cashew and chocolate chips and mix it well.
- Now line a baking tray with butter paper or parchment paper. With a tablespoon take 1 tbsp of the batter and make a small ball with your palms. Then slightly press the ball with your fingers and place on the baking tray. Do the same with the remaining batter. Keep atleast 2 inch distance between each cookie on the tray.
- Now chill this for atleast 1/2 hour. You can also avoid chilling but the cookie comes out best when chilled.
- Preheat the oven at 180°C for 10 mins. Then place the cookie tray in the oven and bake for 20 mins at 180°C. The baking time may vary according to the size of your oven so it might take more or less time, so keep a check if you are baking cookies for the first time and different cookies take different time to bake. The cookies are done when you see the center of the cookie puffed up and light golden in colour.
- Place the baked cookies on a cooling tray and once the cookies are perfectly cooled you can transfer them into an air tight container.