A Greek Salad Recipe with a slight Indian touch, made with pieces of tomatoes, sliced cucumbers, onion, feta cheese, and olives, typically seasoned with salt and oregano, and dressed with olive oil. A healthy, fresh and colorful salad, quick and easy to prepare.
- For Salad:
- 1 cup green and yellow zucchini diced
- 1 cup red and yellow bell peppers/capsicum cut into 1 inch triangles
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut into halves
- 1 bunch lettuce
- 1 medium red onion (soaked in cold water for 10 mins)
- 1/2 cup black olives sliced
- 3/4 cup feta cheese or paneer crumbled
- For Dressing:
- 5-6 tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp mustard powder or freshly ground mustard (optional)
- 1 tsp dry oregano crushed
- salt as per taste
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients for dressing except oregano.
- In another bowl take olives,lettuce,cherry tomatoes,zucchini,bell peppers,red onions and mix everything well.
- Now add the salad dressing to it and mix.
- To the salad add feta cheese or paneer crumbled and the dry oregano and mix everything well.
Serve and enjoy your salad.