Wondering how to make eggless chocolate cake in cooker without oven? Here is an easy moist and delicious egg-less chocolate cake recipe made in a pressure cooker. Who doesn’t love a nice dense and moist chocolate cake. Enjoy this amazing chocolate cake as a base for birthday or party cakes or just enjoy it with a drizzle of chocolate syrup. The recipe also includes the method to bake in an oven too.
I learnt this recipe when I did not have an oven and used to prepare cakes in pressure cooker. If you too are preparing in a pressure cooker then do remember to remove the weight and rubber on the lid before baking. Also the time to bake the cake varies according to the size of the cooker, the bigger ones take more time. So don’t worry if you do not have a oven and still want to bake your own cake, try this simple eggless chocolate cake and enjoy baking.
You can always do variations with your cake. Add some chopped walnuts or roasted almonds for a nice crunch to the cake.
- ½ cup condensed milk (i used the nestle milkmade)
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup butter (at room temperature)
- 1 cup maida/flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- A pinch of baking soda
- ½ cup milk
- A pinch of salt
- Sieve maida/flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a bowl and keep aside.
- In a bowl whisk together condensed milk, sugar and butter till smooth and light.
- Then add the cocoa powder and mix well.
- To this mixture add the sieved flour/maida 1 tbsp at a time and combine well, folding in gently. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Add milk to the mixture 1 tbsp at a time till you get a smooth batter.
- Brush a cake baking tray with little butter. Pour the cake batter and run a knife through the batter once in a cross pattern.
- Baking in Pressure Cooker:
- Heat the pressure cooker on high heat for 15 mins with closed lid. Do not put weight on the cooker and also remove the rubber from the lid.
- Put 1 cup salt to cover the base of the cooker well(add more salt if needed) then put a stand in the cooker, and place the cake batter pan on top, close the cooker with lid and bake for 30-40 mins on the lowest flame. Time may vary according to the size of your pressure cooker.
- Baking in Oven:
- Pre-heat oven at 180 degree for 10 mins.
- Bake the cake at 180 degree for 25-30 mins.